Under the Bradley Administration turnover among senior management of the college has been extraordinary. To date, in his 6 ½ years as President there have been 4 CFO’s, awaiting the appointment of a fifth CFO after the recent termination of Edward Patrick in March of 2014. (Freddie Johnson, O’Neal Robinson, Leroy Summers and Edward Patrick). All were terminated or resigned involuntarily. Roger McLean is currently listed on the college’s website as the Interim Vice President for Fiscal and Financial Affairs.
Within the same time span, there have been 3 different auditing firms. (Cherry Baekert and Holland, Clausell & Associates and BDO Seidman) All, including the current auditing firm, BDO Seidman, have disclosed major financial and record keeping deficiencies in the accounting and financial controls of the college. Both Cherry Baekert and Holland and Clausell & Associates were terminated involuntarily after submitting extremely negative auditing reports.
In so far as academic senior management, there have been 4 Vice Presidents of Academic Affairs including the current position holder. Under Bradley’s tenure this position has been held by Dr. Marshaletia Sims-Peterson, Dr. Curtis Martin, Dr. Marcus Tillery and the current position holder, Dr. Sam Sullivan. Sims-Peterson, Martin and Tillery were all either involuntarily terminated or were forced to resign.
A partial list of terminated or forced resignations of former employees is contained in the following list.
PAINE EMPLOYEES EITHER TERMINATED OR FORCED TO RESIGN
1. Dr. Marshalita Sims-Peterson, Vice President for Academic Affairs
2. Dr. Marcus Tillery, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
3. Dr. Curtis E. Martin, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
4. Mr. Freddie L. Johnson, Vice President for Fiscal and Financial Affairs
5. Mr. O’Neal Robinson, Vice President for Fiscal and Financial Affairs
6. Mr. Leroy Summers, Vice President for Fiscal and Financial Affairs
7. Mr. Edward Patrick, Vice President for Fiscal and Financial Affairs (lawsuit filed 8/28/2014)
8. Dr. Tina Cardenas, Vice President for Student Affairs
9. Mr. Joseph Tinsley, Director of Admissions
10. Mrs. Ellen King, Director of Admissions
11. Mr. Torrez Wilson, Director of Student Activities
12. Ms. Sasha McCraw, Director of Student Activities
13. Ms. Leah Suggs, Director of Communications and Marketing
14. Mr. Ronnie Spry, Athletic Director
15. Dr. Emily Williams, Dean, School of Arts and Sciences
16. Dr. Hazel Ervin, Assistant Professor and Chair, Department of Humanities
17. Dr. Millicent Powell, Assistant Professor, Department of Education
18. Dr. Kevin Brooks, Assistant Professor, Department of Education
19. Dr. Gary Flanigan, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Media Studies
20. Mr. James Reid, Chief of Security
21. Ms. Macie King, Coordinator/Assistant Professor
22. Mr. Kelley Kindell, Comptroller
23. Mr. Amin Hassan, Comptroller
24. Mr. Christopher Blue, Residence Hall Director
25. Mr. Lee Winston, Administrative Assistant to the Provost
26. Ms. Shauna Biles, Administrative Assistant to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
27. Ms. Marla McCranie, Administrative Assistant, School of Professional Studies
28. Mrs. Lajuana Givens, Student Financial Services
29. Ms. Gerri Bogan, Director of Admissions
30. Ms. Burshunda Harden, Comptroller
Given the level of turnover in mid and upper level administrative and academic personnel there is little wonder why the college is experiencing the difficulties that it is experiencing. There has been little to no continuity in the financial management team at the school. The results show up in the audit findings, and Dept. of Education and SACS evaluations. (See Financial Mismanagement Tab). The same is true in the academic disciplines – so many changes at the top that subordinates lack steady guidance and therefore feel abandoned and leaderless.